The European General Data Privacy Regulation protects personally identifiable information (PII) of European citizens. Violators may be fined up to €20 million, or up to 4% of the annual worldwide revenue of the preceding financial year, whichever is greater.
The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act protects patient health records. The penalties for noncompliance are based on the level of negligence and can range from $100 to $50,000 per violation (or per record), with a maximum penalty of $1.5 million per year. Violations may also carry criminal charges that can result in jail time.
The Sarbanes-Oxley Act applies to all publicly traded companies in the United States, and requires the establishment of internal controls and procedures to track (among other things) information access. SOX violations carry penalties of $1-5 million, depending on intent, and can result in company officer jail time.
The California Consumer Privacy Act applies to any business that collects data from California resident, regardless of where the business is headquartered. Fines for CCPA violations range from $2,500 to $7,500 per record, depending on intent.
Privacy Compliance For Digital Content
Privacy Statute Legal Compliance
Intelligent Digital Asset Tagging
Digital Content Cloud Migration
Monitor Cloud Locations For Spilled Data
Failsafe Knowledge Management
SIFT™ is a next-generation regulatory compliance and monitoring toolset that
discovers, tags, and protects sensitive files across the network
Legal standards have evolved that specifically address the twin and overlapping requirements of data confidentiality and customer privacy. The fines and penalties associated with these standards are becoming increasingly worrisome as caselaw and precedence evolves. SIFT™ is a regulatory compliance and monitoring toolset that discovers, tags, and protects sensitive files across the network
Once moved to the cloud, whether on-premises or publicly hosted, there is an ongoing need to guard against data spills. This includes adding new files to a repository, or adding sensitive information to existing files. File content monitoring for data at rest is an extremely important part of an organization’s data access and data protection strategy.
Organizations rely heavily on enterprise search to solve file access issues, however many files are not full-text searchable. This includes pictures, videos, and scanned PDF documents — as well as documents containing pattern-based information like SSNs or credit card numbers. As a result, organizations end up losing potentially valuable data down deep content gravity wells.
Every organization has files containing information it considers proprietary or confidential. These documents are most vulnerable when they’re moved to new locations, especially cloud locations that may have different security rules and network accessibility. Content analysis and intelligent file tagging is therefore a critical part of any file migration or management solution.
Extensive Capability Set
SIFT™ is designed to manage your entire ecosystem of unstructured digital content
- On premises, or in the cloud
- Out-of-the-box support for a wide range of file types, including most Microsoft Office and Adobe documents.
- Patented OCR pre-processing capabilities support scanning picture, image, and scanned PDF documents.
- Machine learning supports identification of shapes in image and video files.
- Evaluate scanned assets (and stamp file metadata!) against a centralized list of organizational keywords.
- Full support for both static and pattern-based keywords, like SSNs or credit card numbers, based on industry-standard regular expressions.
Tag & Protect Assets
- Move files to the correct cloud repository based on contents.
- Automatically tag files with discovered keywords.
- Avoid cloud vendor lock, and inoculate your enterprise against ransomware attacks
- Facilitate enterprise search, as well as DLP and DRM toolsets
- Scan network locations for spilled data against enclave keyword rulesets.
- React quickly to data spills
- Highly customizable auditing and historical reporting, with drill-down capability.
- Full integration with enterprise SIEM and visualization tools.